Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Week 93, 10-1-2017

I've had no phone, no TV, and no internet from Saturday through Monday.  After waiting for a modem to arrive by UPS and then installing it with no luck; a technician came today and ran a new cable because mine was damaged (moles?).  

That's why I didn't have a blog post this week. I received an email (which I could finally access today), asking what happened. Only one email. Hmmmmmm!  Guess nobody even notices when I'm missing, so I've decided to take some time off to catch up with housecleaning, weeds, and Halloween cards.

I'll be back in a few weeks. Until then - 

HUG YOUR LOVED ONES (PETS, TOO)

DRINK LOTS OF WATER

MAKE A WISH ON THE HARVEST MOON ON OCTOBER 5

VISIT A CORN MAZE AND BUY A PUMPKIN

TREAT YOURSELF TO DINNER OUT

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LIFE

4 comments:

  1. Goodness Dearest - your adventures continue over there! Always something, isn't it? :P

    Your package was finally sent today! I forgot to bring your address last Friday and I hadn't put it on the box. Also I forgot your card. My brain sometimes, Lol! I was going to send you kiddos' school pics - maybe a Fall card will need to come your way soon. ;) By the way watch for 2 boxes this time. (couple things for Pepper that Annie picked out in one of them too). Blessings to you my Lovie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a treasure, and I haven't even finished your thank you card for the last box.

      I see that our darling Annie is following in Mom's footsteps with her thoughfulness. Pepper will be very proud and honored that he was remembered.

      The lawn people are supposed to work on reseeding, etc tomorrow and rain is expected - plus, there's the new cable strung across the back yard which I'll have to hold in the air while the dethatcher goes back and forth. The cable won't get buried for a week or two. Never a dull moment around here.

      On the bright side, I did have a couple of days with my brother and nephew last week, plus lunch today, and nephew still hasn't been released to go back to work (broken ankle), so I'll most likely have another day or two with them. We always have fun.

      Will let you know when the box arrives. I'm so excited to see what you've found. Love to two of my favorite girls.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your modem issues, the wind causing power cuts seems to be the issue here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never felt so isolated. I don't have a smart phone, so I couldn't even check the weather or the news. I watched old Paul Deen cooking shows on VHS tapes. Now I know that it's good to have a VHS-DVD player and some tapes/DVD's around in case of emergency.

      All is well now and I'll be back soon.

      Delete